PROFESSOR DR. ANTON CARAGEA REPORT ENLIVEN THE WORLD TOURISM AND PROMOTED CAMBODIA AS WORLD BEST TOURISM DESTINATION
On the framework of the 9th Meeting of the European Tourism organization, held at the Romanian Parliament, Professor Dr. Anton Caragea MA, FINS, ETA, presented a tourism analysis and evaluation report entitled: CAMBODIA: THE LAND OF MAGIC- THE PLACE WHERE GOD`S AND KINGS BUILD THE WORLD!
The report noted the reasons for awarding WORLD BEST TOURISM DESTINATION FOR 2016 PRIZE to CAMBODIA:
• The excellent preservation of humanity landmarks such as: the Temple of Preah Vihear- the heart of ancient Indochina.
The temple outstanding history can be traced to the 9th century, when the hermitage was founded.
Today the site is particularly well preserved and is offering to the visitors an outstanding vision of grandeur, thanks to his exceptional for the quality of its architecture, which is adapted to the natural environment and the religious function of the temple, as well as for the exceptional quality of its carved stone ornamentation.
The Siem Reap province is home to the majestically and unique Angkor Archaeological Park – the residence of the Khmer’s Kings from 9th to 15th century.
Angkor Wat Temple located in Siem Reap, Cambodia.
Today this incredible humanity legacy, stretching over some 400 sq.km, including forested area, Angkor Archaeological Park contains the magnificent remains of the different capitals of the Khmer Empire, from the 9th to the 15th century.
They include the famous Temple of Angkor Watt and, at Angkor Thom, the Bayon Temple with its countless sculptural decorations.
All this sites where recognized as being of world significance and registered as UNESCO World heritage monuments.
• The rich cultural and historical legacy of Cambodia is not limited to the previous presented list.
In order to fully grasp the natural potential of Cambodia natural parks and natural reservations we must look at the potential of these regions designated in 1993 Royal Decree on the Protection of Natural Areas.
Bayon Temple: one of the humanity landmarks
They are encompassing 23 protected areas, which at the time covered more than 18% of the country’s total land area
The royal decree divides the areas into four distinct categories: natural parks (sometimes described as ‘national parks’), wildlife preserves, protected scenic view areas (sometimes described as ‘protected landscapes’) and multi-purpose areas.
Cambodia is also home to rarely and valuable Ramsar sites rated accordingly to RAMSAR CONVENTION of June 1999:
A stretch along the Mekong River approximately 37 km long and 14,600 hectares in Stung Treng Province
Boeng Chhmar and associated river system and floodplain, 28,000 hectares in Kampong Thom and Siem Reap provinces (part of a designated multiple use area)
Koh Kapik and associated islets, 12,000 hectares in Koh Kong province (part of a designated wildlife sanctuary).
The awe conquering Angkor Thom Temple- a part of humanity legacy.
• Giving tourists access to outstanding and pristine nature and the opportunity to explore nature, to contribute to ecological preservation, and the opportunity to visit extraordinary places.
All these regions and national parks are a model of achieving ecological and green tourism that must be recognized throughout the world.
New prominent landmarks are to be added to UNESCO list such as: Angkor Borei and Phnom Da, the former celebrated as the ancient capital of Kingdom of Cambodia under the name of Vyadhapura and pace at the confluence of Mekong and Stun Sla Ku. This is now home to perfect archeological treasures like sculptures and stones star shaped called stelae.
Phnom Da is famous for his caves, the mud tower and the all sought Ashram Maha Rosei, made in long standing stone and celebrated as a model of architectural ingenuity made out of interior monk housing units blending in the exterior wall.
Udong is the former capital of Royal Cambodia in 17th century from 1740 to 1746.
Udong is now a perfect example of a sprawling royal city, but also a royal necropolis gathering the funerary temples of kings that offered to Cambodia a chance of survival in the country darkest times.
Udong is the proof of the resilience and endurance of Khmer spirit in time of peril and dangers.
The project ONES VILLAGE/ONES PRODUCT designed to promote social fair tourism, to sustain rural production and to bring about the rebirth of traditional craftsmanship created and promoted by H.E. Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo HUN SEN, Prime Minister of Cambodia , is a perfect way of sharing revenue, growing income and supporting marginal and rural communities development.
The way in which social-tourism has become the base for local economic development, for empowerment of remote community and supporting educational and vocational projects benefiting the communities, makes social-fair tourism, the lesson that today-the KINGDOM OF CAMBODIA is offering to the world.
• The ongoing development and protection of cultural, religious and historical shrines of the Kingdom of Cambodia, the transformation of Angkor Region into a historical and spiritual center, offering to the visitors a glimpse into rich culture and heritage of peoples of Cambodia.
Angkor must be the world center of religious pilgrimage and cultural tourism offering to world tourists the complex healing experience of cultural legacy, religious special atmosphere and faith imbued air.
• The preservation of outstanding historical and cultural heritage in the form of the former capital of the Kingdom of Cambodia, the Angkor cultural complex, an ample palatial complex from the 9th Century, offering an incredible sense of magnificence of one of the Asia greatest empire.
The sacred mountain of Udong-Cambodia
• Today, Cambodia offers tourists bound for the country a rich and perfect open air collection with a rare presence of historical and archaeological treasures that educate and enrich the world.
• The KINGDOM OF CAMBODIA is also a perfect center for river trips and adventure tourism, offering large areas suitable for this special kind of tourism, and the necessary infrastructure to welcome the adventure seeker, its safety and peace, makes the country, one of the world’s top adventure river destinations that make the KINGDOM OF CAMBODIA as a perfect cultural class destination.
In the speech conclusions, Professor Dr. Anton Caragea, MA,FINS, ETA proposed CAMBODIA as the winner of WORLD BEST TOURIST DESTINATION FOR 2016 and as receiver of the FAVORITE CULTURAL DESTINATION distinction for 2016.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.